CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

3 posters

GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little)

omeega
    omeega

GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) Empty GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little)

Post by omeega Wed 6 Dec - 1:38

Gunbound was a early 2000s online 2d game. It was basically a "Worms-like", where you have to change the angle and force of your shot to hit the opponent, and theres also terrain destruction. Where it differs from Worms is that instead of having a huge list of weapons to choose from, your main weapon is a "Mobile", basically a cute little tank:
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) 33zptp
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) 9i94r6
    Each of the Mobiles had their own different shots (each having a main shot labeled "1" a secondary shot labeled "2" and a super shot labeled "SS"), different speeds, ranges, health, defense etc.
    There were more mobiles than the ones in the screenshots, but you needed a subscription to have access to them, so most people didnt have them and its a bit hard to find good screenshots of them. That said my parents once brought a 1 month subscription because we saw one at a supermarket and me and my brother kept begging them for it lol; the sub only mobile that we used most was a shark called Tiburon:
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) I8pnrc <highest quality image i could find of him
    A cool thing the game did, is that there were two mobiles that you could only get with the Random option, they were insanely OP but it was really hard to get them, they were called Dragon and Knight
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) 3r422f
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) 3e81km
    (also fun fact, all the mobiles were cel-shaded 3d models, i dont know if the player avatars also were but i couldnt find anything about it)

You could bring items into the match that would have different effects that would either be single use or have some kind of negative effect (like a single use health regen, or a 1 turn 30% damage boost for a bit of your health)
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) Xhbtjz(ps: i love this game's menus)

here are some of the screenshots of how the game looked
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) Dhxdjv
    GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) 0h0fgh
    There are still many private servers of the OG game running, and there also is an newer version called "New Gunbound/Gunbound T" and also a mobile version called "Gunbound M" although i dont know anything about them (and from screenshots that i saw, the new UI is not as charming as the original one)

benni Admin_104 and arialeakysoul like this post

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) Empty Re: GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little)

Post by arialeakysoul Wed 6 Dec - 13:46

that looks like a super cool game, i love online kids mmos, theyre so cool. thank you for sharing!!

omeega likes this post

omeega
    omeega

GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little) Empty Re: GunBound (cool game i used to play when i was little)

Post by omeega Wed 6 Dec - 20:15

thanks!! ^-^
    ive been remembering a lot of these types of games i used to play (a lot of them were weird club penguin clones lol)

arialeakysoul likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Mon 11 Dec - 14:30

i love how much depth these, comparatively, pretty small games had - i wish i had played games like this as a kid. things like the backgrounds are so detailed, and youre right that this UI looks fuckin awesome

thank you for sharing Razz

arialeakysoul likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 17:02