CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

5 posters

Game soundtracks?

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Game soundtracks? Empty Game soundtracks?

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 9 Nov - 13:45

should this go to the games category??? idk, anyway, whats some of y'alls favourite game soundtracks?

personally im really fond of the silent hill games' soundtracks (i loooove ambient spooky music akira yamaoka is a hero to me), NieR game soundtracks, OneShot's and some of the DS-era pokemon music, but its been something ive been craving different opinions on since i haven't been listening to a lot of it lately Razz

Keereejou and omeega like this post

omeega
    omeega

Game soundtracks? Empty Re: Game soundtracks?

Post by omeega Thu 9 Nov - 14:01

ooooohhh yeah, the silent hill soundtracks are all really good!!!!
    ill try to think of some more later, but the ridge racer series has some REALLY good tunes, my favorite is ridge racer type 4, but honestly, all of them are great for their own different reasons Very Happy

benni Admin_104 likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 9 Nov - 14:29

oh yeah ridge racer!! i should check that out, thank you for reminding me about it. the kind of music used in that game has kinda had a comeback, hasn't it? lots of early 90s/00s DnB and such.
    actually that reminds me of a song that i think (?) was used in a video game that i think is in a similar kind of musical niche, although a bit more jazz and melancholic. i was obsessed with this song though so i really should be checking out things similar to it Smile

arialeakysoul likes this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Thu 9 Nov - 14:44

YEEEEAH I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!
    this song wasnt used in the game though, Planet DOB is the name of the album, by the band DOB (Date Of Birth) which had a game with the same name of the album, except none of the actual songs are in the game and the reposter just named them this way because they thought they were part of the game OST. (also apparently the game is very weird and cool looking and has some neat adaptive music, but the game itself isnt very good lol)
    ill try to remember some other game tunes tommorow, i go to bed now Sleep Sleep Sleep

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 9 Nov - 14:52

wild i didn't know that was the case!! and goodnight!! Basketball

omeega likes this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Thu 9 Nov - 23:32

waked up pig
    heres some: 

Dirt Dash - the rest of the ost is also pretty good but this song just makes me happy Very Happy

the SMT series also has some incredible OSTs

PangYA! (aka Super Swing Golf) has some really good music too! there are some differences between the wii and pc OSTs, with some of the pc ones sounding nicer, but i think the wii version overall has a better soundtrack. honestly at this point i should probably make a long post about this game on the GAMES category. Razz
    benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Fri 10 Nov - 15:52

oh my god these are all such good recommendations. the dirt dash one is so chill i love it

also youre so fucking right about the smt series having amazing music. the SMT IV and SMT V OSTs are probably some of my favourite osts ever  Smile i was actually just listening to the SMT V soundtrack before i wrote this reply!! here's my favourite song from it. it goes crazy hard i want to find more music that sounds similar to this specific song so bad

and that golf game music was so nice!! very very pleasant. and you should make a post about them, ive literally never heard about these games and id love to know more

actually, the first song you put reminds me of that road trip adventure game that had a great ost. i haven't listened through all of it to find good specific songs but theres absolutely some good ones in here.

Last edited by benni Admin_104 on Fri 10 Nov - 15:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : linked wrong video!! oops)

arialeakysoul and omeega like this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Fri 10 Nov - 21:38

oh yeah, i really should listen to the smtv soundtrack more, most of the songs ive heard are some INSANE bangers like this song lol
    also, the road trip adventure/Choro Q series is such a WILD idea lol i should look at those games more tongue

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Sat 11 Nov - 22:59

god the smt music goes so hard, especially crazy dance murder or something of that effect from smt v

benni Admin_104 and omeega like this post

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Sat 11 Nov - 22:59

im a big sucker for hideki naganuma tracks, he's awesome

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Sat 11 Nov - 23:14

SHOUTOUT to hideki naganuma that dude seems cool and his music is awesome. i find i cant listen to his music that often cause its just Too pumping and active to listen while doing stuff lol, which i guess its often made for a game first so that would be a better way to listen to it. idk. also his twitter is hilarious

random, but recently i was just watching a thorhighheels video that included a game with an interesting ost so i thought i'd put it here. very chaotic at first but i think i can jive with it after a bit

arialeakysoul and omeega like this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Sun 12 Nov - 2:22

EVERGRACE OST MENTIONED
    seriously though this games soundtrack is really chaotic but also cool as hell

benni Admin_104 and arialeakysoul like this post

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Sun 12 Nov - 9:14

oh i REALLY like this!!

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Sun 12 Nov - 23:18

arialeakysoul wrote:oh i REALLY like this!!

im glad you do!! Razz

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Mon 13 Nov - 9:47

im not sure if these really count, but here are some fan remasters/remakes of songs from rpg maker games i really enjoyed my time with : D

i guess its all the growing up with people trying to one up each other with crazy cool fanmade boss themes in the parts of the net i payed attention to, but a good boss theme can really make me just run around in circles and start imagining cool stuff.

Last edited by arialeakysoul on Mon 13 Nov - 9:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more context)

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Tue 14 Nov - 1:07

oh these are sooo cool. slightly off topic, i know the song you put is actually from a fangame, but its crazy how good the mother soundtracks are for their time, when ive played mother 3 i had a hard time believing it was a GBA game cause it felt so new for its time span, it feels more like a DS game or something. guess its just timeless

I know how you feel about a good boss battle song. music doesn't really hit unless its got you pacing around

I love the OFF ost. its so experimental, i love its industrial and jazz influences too Razz ill put my faves from it : D

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Tue 14 Nov - 10:01

god i totally understand, mother has some really damn good songs, both in more eeire atmospheric stuff and genuine heartrending stuff. smiles and tears always gets me with that vocal sample at the end.

also glad to see another OFF enjoyer! a.c.c did so many cool things with it i cant really describe.

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Tue 14 Nov - 10:05

i got stuck at a late game boss in mother 3 a while ago and wasnt sure how to proceed, same kinda thinghappened on my first attempt at a playthrough tho, with the attic viola boss, so maybe ill pick it up again in the future and go from there.

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Tue 14 Nov - 17:57

arialeakysoul wrote:i got stuck at a late game boss in mother 3 a while ago and wasnt sure how to proceed, same kinda thinghappened on my first attempt at a playthrough tho, with the attic viola boss, so maybe ill pick it up again in the future and go from there.

i got through a small bit of it myself, but never picked it up again. guess were in a similar places then, although unfortunately i spoiled myself on the story so i know what happens even if i never play it Crying or Very sad

and i think i found a gamefaqs help post for the boss i think you're talking about, if you want some advice for it! - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/914622-mother-3/46525272

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Tue 14 Nov - 18:43

benni Admin_104 wrote:
    arialeakysoul wrote:i got stuck at a late game boss in mother 3 a while ago and wasnt sure how to proceed, same kinda thinghappened on my first attempt at a playthrough tho, with the attic viola boss, so maybe ill pick it up again in the future and go from there.

i got through a small bit of it myself, but never picked it up again. guess were in a similar places then, although unfortunately i spoiled myself on the story so i know what happens even if i never play it Crying or Very sad

and i think i found a gamefaqs help post for the boss i think you're talking about, if you want some advice for it! - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/914622-mother-3/46525272
    yeah, im spoiled on mother 3 too Sad that gamefaq post might help! thank u :-)

Keereejou
    Keereejou

Post by Keereejou Fri 24 Nov - 21:37

i'm a big fighting game nut so i'm obliged to share some FG jams i very much enjoy

Boorango

Post by Boorango Wed 17 Apr - 3:36

Everything Mili has made for Project Moon is great.

for Library of Ruina:
    String Theocracy
    From A Place Of Love
    And Then Is Heard No More
    Children of the City
    Iron Lotus
    Gone Angels
    probably also the Ruina outro music

and for Limbus Company:
    Between Two Worlds (realm of light is the worst on its own but makes realm of darkness that much better)
    Fly My Wings (second worst, which isn't saying much)
    Compass
    Through Patches of Violet

all of these are AMAZING

oh also the goblin slayer op but that's not a game
    I should make a Mili appreciation thread

omeega likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May - 17:06