CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

3 posters

Just tried TF2 for the first time, here are my thoughts

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Just tried TF2 for the first time, here are my thoughts Empty Just tried TF2 for the first time, here are my thoughts

Post by arialeakysoul Tue 14 Nov - 18:41

ive heard a good deal of things about tf2 and i wanted to give it a go. i followed a lot of youtubers who like to play the game and ive always kinda wanted a taste of the game, but never had a way to play it until now. Im very new to playing games online, and my only other experiences with online shooters would be splatoon and one roblox game called "Phighting", so i went in very scared of having to deal with all the fuss of slurs and toxicity and stuff, as well as barely having any skill in shooters. while there was definitely a sizable amount of gross shit present (the last thing i saw when i logged off was a swastika :/ ), i had a lot of fun! some of the highlights would be saying one thing in the chat that made the whole team spiral into being all medics, and then winning, doing a big conga line in 2fort, and then getting stuck in the floor in the 2fort sewers and having to ask to be put down as a small group came around my body to witness my departure. encountered one round of bots (which was another concern) but they didnt use any audio spam so i didnt get overwhelmed, and i left quickly.

overall, id say it was a good time, but there were a hell of a lot of racist folks too, so id have to try and find some kinds of community servers that help mitigate and moderate that. i wanted to try them first but no one was online. have any of you ever played the game or other online multiplayer team based thingies?

benni Admin_104 and omeega like this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Just tried TF2 for the first time, here are my thoughts Empty Re: Just tried TF2 for the first time, here are my thoughts

Post by benni Admin_104 Tue 14 Nov - 23:54

never played the game myself, but what the hell i didn’t know there was such an amount of racist shit on there. so much of the stuff i see online about tf2 is usually very lgbtq+ positive and such. guess that shows how skewed your view of a community can me if youre only seeing it on tumblr or whatever.  i hope theres some good servers out there like you're describing, if anyone knows about places like that that would be good. hell i might play the game myself sometime lol

(sorry if written badly, sleepy  Sleep )

arialeakysoul likes this post

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Just tried TF2 for the first time, here are my thoughts Empty Re: Just tried TF2 for the first time, here are my thoughts

Post by arialeakysoul Wed 15 Nov - 8:32

benni Admin_104 wrote:never played the game myself, but what the hell i didn’t know there was such an amount of racist shit on there. so much of the stuff i see online about tf2 is usually very lgbtq+ positive and such. guess that shows how skewed your view of a community can me if youre only seeing it on tumblr or whatever.  i hope theres some good servers out there like you're describing, if anyone knows about places like that that would be good. hell i might play the game myself sometime lol

(sorry if written badly, sleepy  Sleep )'
    i was kinda hoping to find some servers set up by a youtuber called "uncle dane", his "uncletopia" servers, but i have zero clue how to use the community server browser, especially because of the size of my laptop making the window all funky, but im not even sure if there is an australian uncletopia server :-( ill have to keep looking around online for the ip of a queer freindly server, though i do know one really friendly tumblr blog, tf2 heritage posts, that might help. also id love if we both got into the game! its pretty fun, but its like, a 15gb install so just be wary

benni Admin_104 likes this post

Keereejou
    Keereejou

Post by Keereejou Fri 17 Nov - 22:07

arialeakysoul wrote:
    benni Admin_104 wrote:never played the game myself, but what the hell i didn’t know there was such an amount of racist shit on there. so much of the stuff i see online about tf2 is usually very lgbtq+ positive and such. guess that shows how skewed your view of a community can me if youre only seeing it on tumblr or whatever.  i hope theres some good servers out there like you're describing, if anyone knows about places like that that would be good. hell i might play the game myself sometime lol

(sorry if written badly, sleepy  Sleep )'
    i was kinda hoping to find some servers set up by a youtuber called "uncle dane", his "uncletopia" servers, but i have zero clue how to use the community server browser, especially because of the size of my laptop making the window all funky, but im not even sure if there is an australian uncletopia server :-( ill have to keep looking around online for the ip of a queer freindly server, though i do know one really friendly tumblr blog, tf2 heritage posts, that might help. also id love if we both got into the game! its pretty fun, but its like, a 15gb install so just be wary

As someone who has played TF2 since they were a wee little baby yeah the TF2 community is a hellscape, especially in those casual public matches. i'd chalk it up to the ease of access as a free to play game and it's general popularity. In terms of an Aussie Uncletopia server there are 6 official servers which you can find here on the official website https://uncletopia.com/servers

arialeakysoul likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 14:49