CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

3 posters
  • Reply to topic

topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread --

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread -- Empty topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread --

Post by benni Admin_104 Tue 17 Oct - 21:03

so ive added a bunch of topics, please tell me if theres some i should add/some i should change! i think the forum site is almost ready for proper launch. i think ill create a custom graphic for the top of the site, and im really tired right now, so that might completed (the the first official launch of the site) done tomorrow. whee !

cant figure out how to get my signiture to show so
-----------------------------------
Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball <- my ball

arialeakysoul, JogDog77 and Keereejou like this post

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread -- Empty official launch!!

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 19 Oct - 7:37

forum is now officially up!! well the first iteration of it at least, there are graphical things that could definitely be improved later. but this is it for now! use to your hearts content. <3

omeega likes this post

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread -- Empty Re: topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread --

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 19 Oct - 9:18

FUCKING FORGOT TO ADD A VIDEO GAMES SECTION TO THE FORUM SO SORRY. will do that

and will probably add an animals topic to the misc category. ok
omeega
omeega

topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread -- Empty Re: topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread --

Post by omeega Thu 19 Oct - 9:43

i think another one that would be cool to add would be an Art/Drawings section Very Happy pig

arialeakysoul likes this post

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 19 Oct - 9:55

yes!! was considering that too. will do it Basketball

oh wait, should it be a category or a forum? i could put it in the misc category, or make it its own thing.
omeega
omeega

Post by omeega Thu 19 Oct - 10:01

i think its ok to pu it in the misc category Surprised

benni Admin_104 and arialeakysoul like this post

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread -- Empty css updated thank you mia

Post by benni Admin_104 Wed 25 Oct - 23:57

@ JogDog77 (dont think you can @ users but whatever) has helped edit the CSS so that everythings centered!! thank you so much to her. a true hero

i would write more but its almost midnight gonna sleep. thank you mia Razz Razz

JogDog77 and omeega like this post

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

topics updates done! critisiscm encouraged, forum updates thread -- Empty updates! i found more forum settings lol

Post by benni Admin_104 Tue 31 Oct - 22:19

so ive actually gonna and looked through some more of the settings, and changed some things. i also wanted opinions on some things i could change.

first off: attachments have been added, but with very limited use. the 'free plan' that this forums runs off of only gives us 20Mbs of data for storage/attachments. because of that, ive limited the possible attachment size to 320kbs, under a megabyte. The most important thing though is a reminder to people of how the image/link attaching can work without using actual forum attachments, incase anybody didn't know. ive already talked about catbox.moe that can let you upload files up to 200Mbs in size. all you need to do is get the link of the file provided by catbox, and then go to "insert image" in the toolbar that shows up when writing a post, and enter the link (another note: i have added image resizing if the image is too big, so hopefully we wont have any huge images anymore! yippee.) into the 'URL' field and it will be shown in your post. You can also use the 'insert link' thing up in the toolbar to link to a non-image or an image you dont want to show up in the post.

second: signatures! so to be real i thought signatures were turned on be default, but apparently you have to go into a pretty specific menu to turn them on. what. anyway, they should work now. go wild!

the rest: ive just done some general fiddling. ive enabled something called the "what you see is what you get" editor, which hopefully means that you wont need to preview your post anymore, theyll just show up in the editor the way itll look when you post it. ive also allowed unprotected HTML for anyone to use, but thats because the number of people using this forum is pretty small. if the scope of it sometime gets much bigger, or the forum gets attacked in some way using the HTML, itll be turned off. ive also turned on being able to make an account without email activation, again partly just cause this forum is small to make it easier for people to sign up.

things i want input on: keeping likes/dislikes. ive always wanted this forum to kind of have an old internet style to it, and to promote talking interaction rather than just more passive interaction, i thought it might be considered to turn the like/dislikes function off. but im really not sure about it and could easily see someone not wanting it, so any opinions about this at all are appreciated.

tell me if theres anything not working/anything you want me to investigate!!

arialeakysoul and omeega like this post

fxggotclown
fxggotclown

Post by fxggotclown Sat 25 Nov - 18:10

are you able to add a topic for comics that arent manga ?

omeega likes this post

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Sun 26 Nov - 23:16

fxggotclown wrote:are you able to add a topic for comics that arent manga ?

yeah sure! i dont really read those so i forgot about a topic for that. will do : )

fxggotclown likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 13:26