CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

3 posters

One drawing that i am ok with per day

omeega
    omeega

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Empty Re: One drawing that i am ok with per day

Post by omeega Thu 2 Nov - 4:58

started playing yume nikki for the first time today, and im gonna try drawing all the cool guys i see, so here are some creatures Very Happy

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Kpi3uz
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Iofbyq

benni Admin_104 and arialeakysoul like this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Empty Re: One drawing that i am ok with per day

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 2 Nov - 12:29

hell yes oh my god!!! i love yume nikki i'm so glad youre trying it out!! i hope you like it. i love the creatures that are in the game, theyre so unique to like. anything else i really see in a lot of art and games, they serve as great drawing inspiration. my favourite is maybe the drawings in the sewers, theyre very weird, i like them.

oh also, theres a possibility to play the game online with people if you ever want help getting/seeing things. you can even upload your save file to it and start where you left off! https://ynoproject.net/. sorry if i sound like im being pushy, i just love the game Razz

i have a drawing that im nearly finished with, i almost stayed up late last night to finish it but i didnt feel like it, ill upload it to here later bounce

arialeakysoul and omeega like this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 2 Nov - 21:07

that drawing i mentioned before. I was watching the holly hollowtones touhou vod, so i made a sketch of holly if she was a touhou character, studying the style of the official touhou sprites a long the way. the main inspiration was marisa's character design. the design is very simple, and i probably shouldve added a witch hat lol. i would probably redo the design if i wanted to make something better. but it was fun Surprised

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 7x5xzk

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Thu 2 Nov - 21:42

this looks really cute!!!!!!! i love that VOD, i rewatch it all the time lol Razz
    also, that yume nikki online project is awesome!!!!! affraid gonna restart my playtrough to play it (i didnt explore that much so i dont really care  about uploading my save lol)

benni Admin_104 likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 2 Nov - 23:12

fuck yes! we could play on there together sometime if you want Razz bounce

i should really add a yume nikki and/or yume 2kki topic in the games category, i have so many old screenshots to share bounce

omeega likes this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Thu 2 Nov - 23:18

yeah!!!! that would be awesome!! Very Happy
    also yume 2kki intrigues me a lot, because i know some things about yume nikki through internet osmosis (uboa for example) but ive literally never seen anything about 2kki, so im really excited to get to it after im done with the first one!!!

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Fri 3 Nov - 0:05

yes!! yume 2kki is pretty easily my favourite YN fangame (and i might even like it more than yume nikki???!?!), id love to show you around it! it is. huge. there is so many experiences to have in it ! Razz

omeega likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Sun 5 Nov - 22:06

im not super happy with these drawings but i like that i'm getting better at just doing sketches soooo

https://files.catbox.moe/d3faws.png

omeega likes this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Wed 8 Nov - 5:53

have been a bit depressed, so i havent been drawingfor a a while Sad but hopefully tomorrow i try drawing something cool

anyway heres super mario smonking fuckjin weed *thundorous applause*

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 0938dh

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Wed 8 Nov - 20:04

YOOOOOOOOOOOO MRIO SMOKING WEED

also understandable, i was drawing every day but then got stressed recently and skipped out elephant also planning on drawing more soon lol

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Empty doing sketches again

Post by benni Admin_104 Fri 10 Nov - 17:48

i've got some other things i could focus on that might mean i dont do that much drawing soon, i wanna get back into learning more japanese, but last night i was able to do some face sketches, some of them some character ideas i have for a manga. yay  Razz  Razz
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Ipvt69

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Fri 10 Nov - 21:47

these all look really cute!!!!!!!!!

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Empty sketches and old drawings

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 16 Nov - 22:05

ive been drawing over the last couple days, heres some traditional sketches i did. i have some digital sketches, but i didnt fill up enough of the page as i felt i wanted, so ill post it when i finish it.
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 By4f13

here's also an old piece of art that i made last year i reposted to pixiv recently. i'm still happy with this one, i remember spending like 15 hours on it when i did it lol. i have a timelapse of it too  Smile
    https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/113447500

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Sun 19 Nov - 13:28

omg i really like the shiver painting!! hell yeah. maybe one drawing a day isnt feasable but im so happy you two were trying to achieve that. i wish i tried to draw more frequently but i just dont have it in me, tho when im at a small acting troupe im a part of i sketch some stuff in the margins. motivation is weird.

benni Admin_104 and omeega like this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Wed 22 Nov - 5:20

heres a drawing of lain i did today!!!
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 A82htu
    i was trying to draw asa from chainsawman to celebrate me being caught up with the manga, but i found it deceptively hard to draw her in a way that she looks like herself, if that makes any sense lol. ill try again tomorrow
    after i kinda gave up on that i decided to draw lain again and i think it turned out pretty good!!!!
    sorry for not really having drawn in some time, ill try to do this daily again, but no promises, sometimes shit just happens Razz Razz Razz Razz

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Thu 23 Nov - 23:40

omeega wrote:heres a drawing of lain i did today!!!
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 A82htu
    i was trying to draw asa from chainsawman to celebrate me being caught up with the manga, but i found it deceptively hard to draw her in a way that she looks like herself, if that makes any sense lol. ill try again tomorrow
    after i kinda gave up on that i decided to draw lain again and i think it turned out pretty good!!!!
    sorry for not really having drawn in some time, ill try to do this daily again, but no promises, sometimes shit just happens Razz Razz Razz Razz
    oh my god i love this!!!!! you got her hair so right, i've always had trouble doing that. this drawing just looks very pleasing. i also like the detail you added above the eyes. like the eye creases. also congrats on catching up on chainsaw man !!

i haven't done much drawing recently. i did do a kinda nice drawing of luka meguine though (it originally had much more to it, but then i realised i had done some of it wrong and had to erase all of it Sad )
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Kv42vw
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 3s552o

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Sat 25 Nov - 4:06

forgot i did this drawing. i wouldn't usually post something like this, but the aliasing on it makes it look cool and pixel-y, like a sprite from a game, so ill post it.

One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Is3flu

arialeakysoul likes this post

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Wed 13 Dec - 7:34

thats super sick! Very Happy somehow, compressing it made it look cooler. its also just a good drawin in general. and the lain sketch you did omeega did is super good too! i havent drawn in a while, but undertale yellow came out and i wanted to sketch the mc, clover, just to get myself back in the swing of things. i ended up drawing everything on one digital layer so i couldnt erase anything without making the area transparent, which kind sucked, but i think i did okay, aside from not being able to readjust the belt
    https://files.catbox.moe/rzgixe.png

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Thu 14 Dec - 7:23

your drawing looks super cute !!
    and thanks for the compliment, i have to drag myself to draw something soon lol its been a few weeks since ive done anything Razz Razz Razz Razz

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Mon 18 Dec - 14:44

arialeakysoul wrote:thats super sick! Very Happy somehow, compressing it made it look cooler. its also just a good drawin in general. and the lain sketch you did omeega did is super good too! i havent drawn in a while, but undertale yellow came out and i wanted to sketch the mc, clover, just to get myself back in the swing of things. i ended up drawing everything on one digital layer so i couldnt erase anything without making the area transparent, which kind sucked, but i think i did okay, aside from not being able to readjust the belt
    https://files.catbox.moe/rzgixe.png

waaaah thank you lexi! also i love your drawing! its super cute Razz ive always had trouble drawing hats, especially cowboy hats, and your looks really good. and even if its pretty stylised, the proportions look really consistent too Surprised

ive gotten back into the swing of drawing things again, but here a couple sketches from before then of 2b from nier automata, and of a robot maid from a bad anime i got a dvd of at the animego convention. its kind of unfortunate i dont really like the show, cause the drawing is good. the shoes ended up being kinda fucked up cause the reference image i had didnt have them in it though, so i just had to freestyle what they would be.
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 86q2i4 One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 28b28y

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Wed 20 Dec - 9:04

these sketches look really cool!!  im still getting back into drawing, have not drawn anything in like a month lol

but heres my ""quick"" sketch (ended up taking way too long in some details lol) of blodia from cyberbots/mvc
    One drawing that i am ok with per day - Page 2 Ny3lb7
    been kinda on a mecha kick lately (what reading Lancer RPG guide book does to a mf) and decided to draw one of the mechs from cyberbots. The cyberbots pilots and mechs all have really cool designs, but i really like blodia and it's pilot jin saotome i think theyre awesome.
    i think this sketch ended kinda messed up, i think the chest in particular does not really look good but i still like this enough to post. also, to cut myself some slack, drawing mechs is kinda fucked up lol (but that just kinda makes me want to draw them more. i <3 lots of detail)

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Thu 21 Dec - 13:03

i love how both of you draw proparitions and outfits so much, that mech is really really cool and intricate as hell : 'D te shoes of the anime character who's show you didnt like are really really well drawn, youve got fabric and clothing down really really well!!!

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Thu 21 Dec - 14:40

yeah i think if theres one thing i really like about benni's sketches is that theyre really intricate but simple, if that makes any sense, like perfect amount of detail; not too much not too little

also i really gotta start trying to draw some dresses/skirts, every time i try it ends up looking weird lol

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Sat 23 Dec - 23:19

omeega wrote:yeah i think if theres one thing i really like about benni's sketches is that theyre really intricate but simple, if that makes any sense, like perfect amount of detail; not too much not too little

also i really gotta start trying to draw some dresses/skirts, every time i try it ends up looking weird lol

waaaaaaaahh thank you for all the nice things youve been saying about my drawings, "simple but with just the right amount of detail" is exactly the kind of thing u try acheiving with my art!!!!!! thank you

and also omeega this mech sketch is crazy fucking good!! from what ive heard lancer RPG can really rot the brain (in a good way, lol. i have a friend whos into it). if youre looking for a show that has that kind of thing, you should check out turn A gundam, although partly also just cause i really like the main characters design. and yeah mechs are hard to draw! when it comes to drawing them, the most i figure out is like - ok. have you heard of greebling? its a CGI technique of adding basically a lot of extra detail to a model by adding premapped things onto it in a pattern. from what i know drawing mechs is kinda of like that, taking basic shapes and then adding (contextually relevant, although the amount of mechanical reality varies from each person) detail into those shapes. you see a lot of mechs that often have just a very simple "silhouette" to them, often based on humans. cool how we see humanity into things like that...

and tips for drawing dresses/skirts, especially the big stuff is to find different types of clothing out there (velvet, cotton, satin, etc), and finding shapes you like! of course you can look at things like fashion magazines, but you can create convincing good clothes by just layering shapes/clothing things on top of eachother. if you draw enough clothing, youll eventually find shapes you like to keep recreating (for examples, that big bendy circle i used for the dress of the maid robot girl is a shape that i really like, so i add it into a lot of my drawings.)

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Mon 25 Dec - 12:55

thanks for the tips !!

i always wanted to get into gundam, but i never really had a frame of reference for where i should start, so i guess ill start with turn A lol

also happy holidays to anyone reading !!! santa

arialeakysoul likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 14:32