CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

2 posters

PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf)

omeega
    omeega

PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) Empty PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf)

Post by omeega Wed 22 Nov - 12:51

PangYa was a korean online anime golf pc game from the early 2000s to early 2010s that was pretty weird. i dont remember the story (didnt know neither english nor how to read back when i used to ""play"" it lol) but now that ive looked it basically is: world of pangya is attacked, and the life force of the planet is being sucked by a Hole. the residents of this world gather all their spirit energy into a ball, but they cant just pick it up and put it in the Hole, because the power of the ball gets weaker the more it is touched so they make a special club to get the ball to the Hole in the fewest strokes possible. millenia have passed, and this legend has become a festival called PangYa, where you do that same thing, except for fun and without the stakes of the world ending.

the gameplay was.. yknow.. golf, except there are a lot of characters each ones with their stats and proficiencies. there were a lot of potions that you could use mid game that would have different effects, such as showing the full trajectory of your ball before you hit it for one turn, or making your ball curve way more, etc. also different balls with different effects too like a fireworks ball that would explode when it hit the ground. one of the main mechanics was a PangYa, a special shot that made your ball go further, i dont remember if you had to time your swing or if it was RNG, but it was pretty cool

you could also choose your clubs, each had different rarities and stats and they all had really cool designs here are some of my favorites:

Spiked Club Set
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) Levubw

Premium Albacore Set
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) 2tfa1w

Madoka Magica Club Set (apparently they had a madoka magica crossover??????)
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) Hw0een

Kitchen Club Set
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) 0oylyj

Cursed Obsidian Blades
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) Hb4zbp

there were also familiars/pets that could follow you. i only remember two of them so im only gonna post them lol:

Papel (little paper bag cats!!!!! i love them!!!!!)
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) Sa707x

Dolfini (dolphin ball..... ough...)
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) 8xknf5

theres this video of all the courses BGMs with the ambience of the courses and its pretty chill and awesome:
    https://youtu.be/BxMdGMTWEjA?si=VKkoPnQqQJn5jAxs

also this game's character designs were pretty cool too:
    PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) F9wvru

most of my memories of this game are of seeing my mom play it on our pc when i was little (she was kinda addicted to it lol), altough i played a bit of the wii version once we got that, so this game has a bit of a special place in my heart, even if i didnt play it that much. i think the only way to play it (at least here in brasil) is through private servers as the game was shut down Crying or Very sad

benni Admin_104 likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf) Empty Re: PangYa! (aka Super Swing Golf)

Post by benni Admin_104 Sat 25 Nov - 2:30

the PangYa post!!!!!!!!!!!

there seems to be quite a lot of south korean live online games that have since been shut down, i learnt about one called O2Jam that was made in a similar era that was a rhythm game. so much lost stuff....

this game looks good tho. i LOVE the kind of story it has, just the wildest most fantasy explanation for it being basically golf. "the Hole". the fun club designs are really good (the madoka magica crossover is strangely.. fitting?? except for maybe the bazooka personally) and the player character designs are SO inspired and so good.

I had a look at the game on google it seems to have had some newer games on mobile that might still be going, but it also seems to have had a PSP game too. i guess its nice to have versions of the game that isnt limited by internet connectivity.

omeega likes this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Sat 25 Nov - 6:20

yep, there was another south korean online game that me and my brother used to play when we were kids called Gunbound, altough i remember way more about it since it was way simpler to understand without having to go through many menus to start playing the game, i might need to make a post about it lol

benni Admin_104 likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Sun 26 Nov - 23:20

id love to hear a post about it. the more discussion about little-known games the better imo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 15:13