CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

2 posters

niche(ish) firefox add ons i like

fxggotclown
    fxggotclown

niche(ish) firefox add ons i like  Empty niche(ish) firefox add ons i like

Post by fxggotclown Wed 22 Nov - 12:09

outside of the obvious adblocks, privacy ones, shinigami eyes, and xkit here r some add ons i use regularly that you may be interested in : )

ao3 enhancements
    lots of quality of life improvements for ao3 that includes muting tags and authors and estimated reading time based on your reading speed

PWAs for firefox
    i think mozilla may have started implementing PWAs ? but when i switched over they hadnt so i use this add on. a progressive web application is basically a website that can be set up like its an app on your pc. i use it because youtube music doesnt have a desktop app and i like to alt tab to my music but it can be used for literally any website. youre also able to add extensions within the PWAs (like for a web scrobbler)

dictionary anywhere
    straight forward. i have it set so that if i alt+highlight a word it shows the definition. not always the best w words that are extra special .

multi-account containers
    log into websites on multiple accounts at the same time in one window !! you can probably find lots of uses for this i just use it for my tumblr alt lol.

simple translate
    right click highlighted text to put it through google translate. obviously not perfect since its google translate but its not bad. can also translate whole webpages which is nice since firefox doesnt have that implemented like chrome does.

youtube search fix
    reverts the youtube search to what it used to be . there are some other settings you can enable, one of which is to make shorts redirect to the legacy video page instead of the endless scroll. definitely recommend looking at the other stuff though.

tamper monkey
    userscript manager. i use it specifically for last fm bulk editor (can only be used with last fm pro due to editing scrobbles being locked behind that)

tumblr filtering+
    right click tags and add them to your filtered list.

benni Admin_104 and omeega like this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

niche(ish) firefox add ons i like  Empty Re: niche(ish) firefox add ons i like

Post by benni Admin_104 Sat 25 Nov - 2:36

oh my god ive been wanting a youtube search fixer like thing for so long!!!!! thank you. in hindsight i couldve probably found it myself by just searching, but anyway. also the PWAs thing is useful.

fxggotclown likes this post

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 17:02