CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

2 posters

the tatami galaxy by tomihiko morimi

fxggotclown
    fxggotclown

the tatami galaxy by tomihiko morimi Empty the tatami galaxy by tomihiko morimi

Post by fxggotclown Sun 19 Nov - 22:03

i rarely read novels nowadays but a friend of mine convinced me to read this one bc they were so passionate abt it and i think theyre very cool. i am curious if any of yall have read it or watched the anime adaptation? it's about a guy in college in kyoto who is kind of a total loser and blames everything thats gone wrong in his life on his friend who loves to torment him. this doesnt make it sound interesting but its very well written and makes you love the main character in spite of him being a huge loser. the translation is on archive.org and the anime is free on youtube if interested. (i recommend reading the novel before watching the anime personally bc everyone talks incredibly fast and its hard to follow along unless you can read fast) the anime is also different enough from the novel that i feel it was very worth watching after reading it. and vice versa.

benni Admin_104 likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

the tatami galaxy by tomihiko morimi Empty Re: the tatami galaxy by tomihiko morimi

Post by benni Admin_104 Mon 20 Nov - 22:09

oh i've heard of this! i have someone i follow on tumblr whos really passionate about it, and ive seen gifs and stuff of the anime. it looks very cool and unique! i've added the novel to my favourites, i'm currently caught up reading another novel rn (that i might make a post about sometime? hmm) so i'll get to it after. i didn't even know it was a novel, gives me more opportunity to read japanese novels then. thanks! Smile

fxggotclown likes this post

Current date/time is Thu 9 May - 12:19