CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

3 posters

liva action videogame adaptations coming up and why I am Terrified of Them

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

liva action videogame adaptations coming up and why I am Terrified of Them Empty liva action videogame adaptations coming up and why I am Terrified of Them

Post by arialeakysoul Sat 11 Nov - 20:29

alright, for those who dont know, on nintendo's jp website and twitter, they announced that they started work on a live action Legend of Zelda film adaptation in partership with sony pictures. im kinda terrified of this. i like zelda a fair bit, and was hoping when (not if, when) nintendo ended up expanding what they wanna make into film they would opt for zelda being animated, which is fine if its not ig, i just hope they go all in on cool practical effects. the staff onboard include the guy who directed the film adaptations of the YA dystopia novel books "The Maze Runner", a producer from sony who helped manage projects with wildly disparate levels of critical reception, both spiderverse films, and fucking Morbius. also one of the writers are coming off the jurassic world films which were not great. this also got me thinking about the fallout tv show thats getting a lot of teaser trailer and set design leaks. visually it looks reeaaaly cool, with a lot of cool ass practical effects and set designs. what im worried about for that is just the general degredtion of the series' main themes with how the current rights holders are treating the franchise. like, fallout 4 is all "look how cool war is! you should be proud to be an american, and face any challenge that comes your way knowing you'll get through it Very Happy weren't we silly about fearing communists way back when? haha!" meanwhile the very first game opens with a tv broadcast announcing the annexation of canada with two us soldiers in power armor gleefully executing a terrified bound canadian civillian on a tv that slowly zooms out to the ruins of the world, the same intro that fallout 3 tried to copy but Missed the Fucking Point. the modern series usually stays on the east coast of the us, while the classic games + new vegas were set on the west coast, and now those same writers and idology is gonna be taking a plot set on the west coast. which worries me. also they used ai generated backrounds for their promotional material so i dont trust these guys at all. sorry for the ramble but damn film adaptations suck. if anyone wants to add anything, feel free to. i just needed to get this out, and i thought this'd be a nice way to add something to the movies tab!

Last edited by arialeakysoul on Mon 13 Nov - 9:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : messed up the coasts oops)

benni Admin_104, Keereejou and omeega like this post

omeega
    omeega

liva action videogame adaptations coming up and why I am Terrified of Them Empty Re: liva action videogame adaptations coming up and why I am Terrified of Them

Post by omeega Sun 12 Nov - 2:19

ough yeah, im also Fucking Scared of these live actions adaptations, like the mario movie was at best Okay because of Illumination (the mario movie was their best film in a decade) but the zelda one is really not making me enthusiastic about it with these choices. also i dont know that much about fallout, but the only info i knew abou the adaptation before this post was the AI shit so.. lol.

arialeakysoul likes this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

liva action videogame adaptations coming up and why I am Terrified of Them Empty Re: liva action videogame adaptations coming up and why I am Terrified of Them

Post by benni Admin_104 Sun 12 Nov - 23:41

Yeah i heard about the zelda movie, at first i was like "its a movie based on a popular franchise, people liked the mario movie, itll probably be middling but not largely interesting", but knowing that some staff worked on the maze runner movies (which ive actually seen, i dont remember. fuckin anything about them) and jurassic world actually has me worried. Im not that excited for it now, although nintendo has a history of having a big grip on its IPs so maybe it wont be. bad i guess.

but i had Not heard about that fallout tv show. well i probably did, i just forgot lol. fallout has been going in a pretty bad direction since 1,2, and new vegas, huh? i don't have great hopes for it, although i guess i shouldn't hope for much given how much its lost of its political bones. but that AI backgrounds thing sucks ASS. i don't have high hopes for it. i'm sorry for fans of fallout.

another note though im glad the movies section has something now. i was originally thinking of making a post with screenshots from some of the movies ive watched over maybe 2 years now, but got cold feet about it. should i post that? idk.

arialeakysoul and omeega like this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Mon 13 Nov - 2:32

benni Admin_104 wrote:Yeah i heard about the zelda movie, at first i was like "its a movie based on a popular franchise, people liked the mario movie, itll probably be middling but not largely interesting", but knowing that some staff worked on the maze runner movies (which ive actually seen, i dont remember. fuckin anything about them) and jurassic world actually has me worried. Im not that excited for it now, although nintendo has a history of having a big grip on its IPs so maybe it wont be. bad i guess.

but i had Not heard about that fallout tv show. well i probably did, i just forgot lol. fallout has been going in a pretty bad direction since 1,2, and new vegas, huh? i don't have great hopes for it, although i guess i shouldn't hope for much given how much its lost of its political bones. but that AI backgrounds thing sucks ASS. i don't have high hopes for it. i'm sorry for fans of fallout.

another note though im glad the movies section has something now. i was originally thinking of making a post with screenshots from some of the movies ive watched over maybe 2 years now, but got cold feet about it. should i post that? idk.
    i think you should!!!! i dont watch movies that often so i'd like seeing screenshots or reccomendations for stuff to watch!

benni Admin_104 likes this post

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Mon 13 Nov - 9:27

benni Admin_104 wrote:Yeah i heard about the zelda movie, at first i was like "its a movie based on a popular franchise, people liked the mario movie, itll probably be middling but not largely interesting", but knowing that some staff worked on the maze runner movies (which ive actually seen, i dont remember. fuckin anything about them) and jurassic world actually has me worried. Im not that excited for it now, although nintendo has a history of having a big grip on its IPs so maybe it wont be. bad i guess.

absolutely!! the more the merrier Smile

benni Admin_104 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 14:12