CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

4 posters

what mangas are you keeping up with

fxggotclown
    fxggotclown

what mangas are you keeping up with Empty what mangas are you keeping up with

Post by fxggotclown Fri 10 Nov - 17:13

what mangas do you read that you are up to date (or close to up to date) with that are still updating? i found recently that i like keeping up with lots of manga and wanna see what other ppl have found Smile (ill add mine in a reply)

benni Admin_104 likes this post

fxggotclown
    fxggotclown

what mangas are you keeping up with Empty Re: what mangas are you keeping up with

Post by fxggotclown Fri 10 Nov - 17:28

skip and loafer - kind of a slice of life romance that focuses on each character and their relationships with the other characters
    the summer hikaru died - i would call it a thriller with horror elements based in rural japan. knowing less may be better but i really enjoy it and it's not too scary for me
    blue period - drama about a boy who decides he wants to be an artist. there are few stories where ive seen as much care for each character as i have in this which as you may be able to tell is something i care a lot about.
    a story about smoking at the back of the supermarket - slice of life/romance abt a middle aged office worker who thinks the cashier at the store he goes to is very cute and ends up smoking w a different girl at the back of the store .
    spu x family - if you don't know what this is i applaud you. anya was inescapable and i only started it bc my friend promised me he'd read chainsaw man if i did. he still hasn't >_>
    chainsaw man - you know what this is i assume, bc we're all friends with benni. asa is my favorite character 🫶

i believe this is all of them currently . i may make a topic for recommendations for mangas that are completed/on hiatus as well? that may defeat the purpose of the manga topic thing idk. also i am reading hunter x hunter but am nowhere near close to more recent chapters.

benni Admin_104 and omeega like this post

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

what mangas are you keeping up with Empty Re: what mangas are you keeping up with

Post by arialeakysoul Sat 11 Nov - 22:48

im not the most experience manga reader in the world, but keeping up with the jojolands as its coming out is really fun Smile havent really caught up with many bits of media as they were being published when i was interested in them, so im glad ive got this chance and there are some good recs from u Smile

omeega and fxggotclown like this post

fxggotclown
    fxggotclown

Post by fxggotclown Sun 12 Nov - 1:08

arialeakysoul wrote:im not the most experience manga reader in the world, but keeping up with the jojolands as its coming out is really fun Smile havent really caught up with many bits of media as they were being published when i was interested in them, so im glad ive got this chance and there are some good recs from u Smile

i honestly only started in the past year or so bc i happened upon mangadex and could keep track of them more easily. i haven't read any jojo stuff bc what little i did watch wasn't a great experience for me unfortunately but i may start it again someday >.>

arialeakysoul and omeega like this post

omeega
    omeega

Post by omeega Sun 12 Nov - 1:58

i also started reading manga around the start of the year or so because i found out about mangadex too lol
    im currently reading through:
    Witch Hat Atelier - i dont really wanna really spoil anything about it tbh, but i will say, this manga feels like the author saw Harry Potter and thought "this sucks, the creator sucks, im gonna make a REAL magic series and im gonna make it one of the most loving and genuine media out there. also gay people Cool Cool" lol
     Dungeon Meshi - about a group of adventurers who learn about how the ecosystems inside the dungeon work, and use it so sustent themselves with food. again dont wanna spoil too much. also, i LOVE the way the author rethinks popular fantasy races like, OF COURSE female Orcs would be very chubby and cute why hasnt anyone thought about that before??????
    Also, im gonna start reading Chainsaw Man literraly right now lol.

arialeakysoul and fxggotclown like this post

fxggotclown
    fxggotclown

Post by fxggotclown Sun 12 Nov - 2:26

omeega wrote:i also started reading manga around the start of the year or so because i found out about mangadex too lol
    im currently reading through:
    Witch Hat Atelier - i dont really wanna really spoil anything about it tbh, but i will say, this manga feels like the author saw Harry Potter and thought "this sucks, the creator sucks, im gonna make a REAL magic series and im gonna make it one of the most loving and genuine media out there. also gay people Cool Cool" lol
     Dungeon Meshi - about a group of adventurers who learn about how the ecosystems inside the dungeon work, and use it so sustent themselves with food. again dont wanna spoil too much. also, i LOVE the way the author rethinks popular fantasy races like, OF COURSE female Orcs would be very chubby and cute why hasnt anyone thought about that before??????
    Also, im gonna start reading Chainsaw Man literraly right now lol.
    my friend that i share manga recs w has told me id like dungeon meshi but i havent started it yet and a fanfiction author i like really likes witch hat atelier so its on my list but i also have yet to start it

arialeakysoul
    arialeakysoul

Post by arialeakysoul Sun 12 Nov - 8:41

yeah, jojo can get pretty grading at times, thats entirely fair. i think if im gonna pick up anything next itll be dungeon meshi or csm. did really enjoy death note tho, but my vision has seriously degraded so i dont think i can read the small print and page but massive girth all in one volume i was given anymore

Last edited by arialeakysoul on Sun 12 Nov - 8:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling/grammar)

omeega and fxggotclown like this post

benni Admin_104
    benni Admin_104
    Admin

Post by benni Admin_104 Mon 13 Nov - 0:53

i've been going on the shounen jump app semi-regularly and picked up some that are still going, although i'm more just reading the ones i find interesting, instead of specifically for quality, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Mikane and the Sea Woman (ぼくと海彼女) - this ones pretty cute! haven't read all of it so far, but its just finished up its first volume. contemporary slice of life fantasy, boy lives on a small island and finds a sea slug mermaid woman. the art style is especially cute here, in my opinion.

Magical Girl Tsubame: I Will (Not) Save the World! (対世界用魔法少女つばめ) - This one is very new! only released it's first 6 chapters. it's by the author of PPPPPP, who has a really unique style. pretty classic magical girl setup, but im interested to see where it goes. its currently a very short read and has a cool art style so im not too bothered by that.

Shibatarian(シバタリアン) - this one's weird. it has less than 20 chapters right now, and it's a thriller, ive read through some of it but haven't caught up yet, with a style i'm not sure i like. it has just kind of one main idea it has to it, so it might get repetative soon. idk. but its interesting! i should probably read through more of it.

out of ones ive seen on the jump app, This is one ive had recommended but i really haven't read much of, but i trust its pretty good, which is Boy's Abyss (少年のアビス). It's a psychological drama? romance? horror? not sure, but its been described really compellingly, and set in a small town. personally i'm very fascinated by it, i'll read more of it soon. Basketball

and it's currently on hiatus, but i've personally always gotta bat for Houseki no Kuni. it's maybe one of my favourite manga, the latest chapters have been very interesting and very good, imo. bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 13:26