CRINGETOPIA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all my friends and people on the internet. yay : ) there are no prerequisites for registration. everyone is welcome!

2 posters
  • Reply to topic

went to a con!! animego! post (long lol)

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

went to a con!! animego! post (long lol) Empty went to a con!! animego! post (long lol)

Post by benni Admin_104 Mon 30 Oct - 3:34

today there was AnimeGo! on! a fun fact before anything, i actually found out about animego by chance, i was looking on how to take the JLPT in my city, and one of the (few) administrators of the test was a group called JAFA, Japan Australia Friendship Association, which side note is maybe one of the funniest names for an association. imagine being the managers of a friendship. but anyway, i then found out through their website that this was being held. flashforward a couple months and im at my first what could actually be classified as a con! i unfortunately was a bit of a dummy and didnt take that many pictures, but i can describe the stuff you cant see. Warning, all the images are probably gonna be pretty big, so i've mainly put them in un-embeded links.

the first thing is that the con size is pretty small, and its mostly buying stalls, although for me i dont really mind as its literally the only anime/anime-related con in adelaide (that i know of). even with that, and even with me not really being interested in any of the special events they had there (maid cafe, music performances, cosplay contests and etc), i still had lots of fun.

the layout of the festival (which is what i think is its official name is? like on the website) was based on a small layout with two halls of buying/art goods stalls, one at either ends of the building, food outside, and other things between that like games, cosplay pics, and the maid cafe. a notable stall for me was the old games/japanese merch stall (that had been at the kodomo no hi festival earlier this year), where i got a 90s game tips & tricks/cheat codes book (? at least thats what i think it is). i had already bought one at kodomo no hi, cause i think they look cool and i'd like to read them one day. i also bought a JPN playstation game of a horror game set in a train! hope to get a Japanese playsation or regionbreak my own ps2 to play it.

at every animego!/kodomo no hi festival event theres a canvas for people for people to leave little drawings on, and it was basically the first thing i did. I did a little drawing of Yoru from chainsaw man, cause shes just really fun to to draw. happy with it, even if it s a little shoddy by my own standards  Razz (yoru drawing at the canvas) - https://files.catbox.moe/b0d698.jpeg

the real stars of the show for me though is the game area. fucking bless the games they had available there as it was mostly volunteers who gave their games for people to play. it was mainly rhythm games, even with an actual rhythm game arcade cabinet! it looked like this - https://files.catbox.moe/m0rq9o.jpg, and while i never got to play it, most people have never really experienced that, yknow? they also had a full drum-setup taiko no tasujin for people to play (i never played it cause i dont really like the game and the line was super long lol), and MY FAVE the project diva setup with an ACTUAL arcade controller setup! i have a video of me trying to play with it (on a song ive never played on the game before lol), but its on my mums phone, so ill probably add it in a reply lol, but in terms of gamefeel the feeling of playing with an actual arcade controller feels totally different to playing ps/switch controller, imo it feels more responsive. shoutouts also to my little (like, 10) sister, who was way better at adapting to the controller than me and got better scores than me on the songs she played. we only got to play once at about the start of the con, but it was fun.

also shoutout to this sign at one of the rhythm games. lol  (the guitar game sign) - https://files.catbox.moe/tgkaea.jpeg

after playing a bit on project diva, one of my sisters (who wasnt interested in rhythm games) wandering around to wherever, we got some food. of course it was basically all japanese food, and i lucked out on there being a nice-looking vegetarian option, along with a redbean bun as a dessert. heres the stuff i got (yakisoba pic) - https://files.catbox.moe/lh5m9e.jpeg - this where its unfortunate that the food (at least at the stalls i got food) wasnt that good. while i was excited for the yakisoba, all of us who had it (3/4) agreed that it was too charred, for my mum and one of my sisters it was too salty, and their serves there was a notable amount of less cabbage in theirs. despite me being really hungry i couldnt even eat mum and sisters serves cause it was slimy and i have texture problems  Crying or Very sad. the bread of the redbean bun i had was really dense and the paste inside was pretty dry. in the end i'm not that bothered, theres not really much to expect with australian attempts of japanese food, lol. the smoothies and cane sugar smoothies they had there were pretty good tho.

going back inside, a garapon raffle had started, where if you just played some certain games (sound voltex, taiko and the touhou games) you would get a card that would give you 2 attempts each for stuff. I am so genuinely surprised at the stuff that you could get completely for free its amazing. i didnt get any really good pulls and i still got TWO ENTIRE DVDS (good pulls for me heheh) and a miku fabric wall decal. i have no idea how they did this. and then other main part of the game area for that interested me was the touhou games tables.  bounce

number one, there was  a table just dedicated to (with some touhou wall scrolls behind it) fumos. (The Touhou Fumo Table) -    https://files.catbox.moe/ws10ok.jpeg i wish i had gotten into the discord of the (citys) touhou group, i would probably have a good time with it if anyone has a link to it themselves please send me it!!. with the fumo table, there was two computers with one (3d battler) fangame on one and official touhou on the other (9 i think?). i let my little sister have a go at the official touhou first, and the staff who was watching the touhou area was surprised at how good she was at it, and started videoing her?? it really was a moment. then after she was done, i had a try and broke the hi score that was set during the con of 3 million points with my 11 million points. i knew that then touhou would be my friend for this con (although, there was Official touhou game CDs as some of the prizes at the garapon i really wanted im still kinda sad i didnt get, lol). heres a tumblr post with the garapon cards we got for playing (again, no skills levels to play, just playing at all! /pos) https://www.tumblr.com/ryoki-ph/732489654812672000/me-and-my-sister-best-touhou-players-at-the-con, (these both got us some pretty cool prizes, although the line for the actual garapon bit was loooooong. even with the well over an hour extra time my little sister and i spent there, most of was honestly spent in lines lol. like, a good amount of the stuff i bought was stuff i bought while in lines, having my sister stand in for me while i went to go buy prints and such.)

sidenote: while i was playing - all the fucking sudden i hear the fucking rickroll meme song. theres a never gonna give you up taiko chart and the taiko no tasujin game is easily the loudest thing in the space. so i just have to play for like 3 minutes hearing the goddamn rickroll song blasted over the touhou. i desperately tried getting my sister to get a video while i was still playing! insane shit

so after that, me and my little sister split off from my mum and other sister, as we wanted to keep playing games and doing stuff. after getting prizes, we attempted lining up at the sound voltex machine, but due to a loading error the game was having and the very long time it took for the line to really move, we saw that the touhou games were left with no one playing them and we went back. The same person who was watching over the touhou stuff (who i must mention, had a fucking awesome jacket just with touhou characters all over it) said we could play t19 co-op together! got xbox controllers out and everything. it was honestly also pretty awesome to be able to hands-on try some of the touhou games i had never tried or even actually seen gameplay of, but as fun as it was the rounds were long, so after one i let it go to the next people in line. Wandering around more, getting in more lines and buying drinks was basically how we spent the rest of the time there.

trying to aim for a specific train to get, we were getting out but i still had a little time looking at the old games/merch stand, getting the stuff i mentioned before. then we actually had to get to the train station with maybe about 10 minutes before it. i usually dont like running to things,  but in this instance, panickedly running with a small little sister maybe half the way back their to the train absolutely saved us, with a serviceperson there telling us to hurry to get on as it was like. just just about to leave. saved our asses there. i maybe need to stay away from old games stand when on a time limit cause god i just get sucked into it.

as i was going home, we waited at the train station and saw a veeeery long freight train go past. there were some cars that let out the worst screech ive maybe ever heard. hell. we got back home though soon Razz
(freight train as i was going home) https://files.catbox.moe/kunxgi.jpeg

things we got was my sister getting a touhou card pack, with a clear card of a character inside! (little sisters touhou card packaging) -   https://files.catbox.moe/7sljve.jpeg and this is really nerdy but cool to me, the character she got was one of Reimu but of how she looked in the old pc-98 games! with the purple hair and old meiko outfit and everything, idk i just didnt expect it i thought it was cool. (heres what it looks like https://files.catbox.moe/9cly69.jpg)
along with the things mentioned before like the book and the game, what i ended up spending quite a bit of money on was prints! i got ones of reze, power, and makima from csm, and one of 2b from NieR:Automata!  bounce  bounce
also got a fabric miku cloth wall decal from the gacha, which despite probably being the cheapest item in the stuff in terms of worth, is fucking huge. have a pic of it on my bed for comparison:
went to a con!! animego! post (long lol) Hyk0op

it is super cute though, so i dont really mind.
the only other real noteable thing i got was two dvds i got at the garapon of some kids anime, and a first season of a gainax harem-type thing thats rated MA +15 of all things. even if theyre not exactly my interest of what i want to watch i always love getting things nobody else will get. love DVDs
heres a picture of all the stuff i got! sorry its not horizontal, just rotate it in your mind and it works fine (showing of all the stuff i got) - https://files.catbox.moe/xcie4h.jpeg

sorry if this is kinda written poorly, i did most of it pretty late. feel free to ask me any questions about it bounce Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball

arialeakysoul, JogDog77, Keereejou and omeega like this post

arialeakysoul
arialeakysoul

went to a con!! animego! post (long lol) Empty Re: went to a con!! animego! post (long lol)

Post by arialeakysoul Mon 30 Oct - 9:44

thats all really damn cool!!!! im so glad you got to hve this experience!! i looked up the website of the organizers and it seems like it's part of the OZAsia festival, so this is like... a state sponsored anime con. which is incredibly funny to me. it looks like you had a great time! i think there's also AVCon here in adelaide, which is an anime/video games con usually held around july, so if you wanna give this another go, theres more stuff in the area! the touhou card pull was pretty cool, old reimu desgins are neato, even with my limited touhou knowledge.

Last edited by arialeakysoul on Mon 30 Oct - 9:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)

benni Admin_104, JogDog77, Keereejou and omeega like this post

benni Admin_104
benni Admin_104
Admin

went to a con!! animego! post (long lol) Empty Re: went to a con!! animego! post (long lol)

Post by benni Admin_104 Mon 30 Oct - 12:58

yeah!! thank you lexi Razz and ill check out AVcon, i think ive actually heard of it before and forgotten it. lol

arialeakysoul and JogDog77 like this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 13:01